As SPACELOOP Application Developer you will take responsibility over the application layer of the Spaceloop network stack to develop, integrate and test the Spaceloop applications. The Spaceloop messaging application is a mobile application running on both the internet and the Spaceloop satellite networks, bridging connected users and users in remote locations. Applications related to the satellite gateways and the network control centre will also be developed in house.
This position requires someone familiar will all aspects of the application layer, who thrives in a dynamic cross-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
- Elaborating a proposal and plan for the development of the Spaceloop applications.
- Coding, integration and testing of the prototype and commercial versions of the communication application of Spaceloop, in its mobile and PC implementations.
- Deploying the application on hardware and supporting the in-orbit demonstration campaign.
- Coding, integration and testing of the prototype and production gateway and network control applications (at a later stage)
- Participating in the reviews with the European Space Agency.
- Being the application layer highest technical authority.
- Participating of decisions at mission and system level.
- Organizing your own work plan in agreement with the team.
- Delivering work on time and on quality.
- Documenting and reporting your developments.
- Proactively contributing to the cross-functional system level engineering process.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- At least three years of experience in mobile and PC application development.
- Proficient in Java and Python programming languages.
- Proficient Linux system administration.
- Understanding of wireless communication systems.
- Experience in backend and database management on cloud environments (AWS) is a plus.
- Knowledge of C++ programming language is a plus.
- Experience on large scale distributed system development is a plus.
As successful candidate, your personal attitude will be aligned with the following:
- I thrive to integrate on a team of highly skilled, experienced, and efficient teammates
- I am a solution-oriented person who can comfortably manage uncertainty and sees opportunities in the risks
- I know that perfection is the enemy of done
- I want to be part of the future of Orbitare, the company that will transform the way satellite communications are used today
Orbitare offer you a permanent employment contract with the most flexible work conditions, extra paid leave and an attractive compensation package.
Luis Muñoz, CEO of Orbitare, is looking forward to personally receiving your candidature at email@example.com. Or feel free to reach him directly at +41 789 105 922.